Saturday, January 03, 2015

RIP Edward Herrmann

     In a horrible way to end 2014, Edward Herrmann has passed away at 71 on December 31. He leaves us movie fans a great legacy, as he was a very diverse actor, and wile he may not have been a leading man, he always managed to make the films he worked on a little bit better. There are many to choose from, and while I'm sure as the new Annie hits theaters our memory is drawn to his performance as president Franklin Roosevelt in the original Annie, my favorite has always been the Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn fare Overboard, in which he plays the husband of a rich New York socialite on vacation in Oregon, and when his wife falls overboard and is washed ashore with amnesia, he seizes the opportunity to enjoy life a little. He will be missed, and below I offer you a sampling of his performance as Grant Stayton III in Overboard, a true gem of a film and one I highly recommend if you've never seen it.


"I love LA! I love all my little Starlets!"

No comments:

Post a Comment